I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Microsoft is discontinuing support for Windows XP (no more security updates will be made available after April 2014). Maybe you have some important programs that won’t run on a new version of Windows that make your old Windows XP system indispensable. Here’s a way to ‘keep’ your old Windows XP machine without keeping the machine itself. It turns your old operating system into a ‘virtual’ machine that runs within your new Windows 8 computer. Here’s an article where you can get more info and goes through the process step-by-step: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/run-your-windows-xp-system-in-windows-8-with-vmware/ It does involve … Continue reading
- Got a new phone or PC for XMAS? What about the old one?
- Here’s how to get rid of Microsoft’s nagging Windows 10 Upgrade prompts
- Another tool to help block the dangerous ransomware CryptoWall
- IMAGE Backup
- Are your website plugins updated? Thousands get hacked!
- You should install this to protect your PC from the most damaging virus!
- Windows 10 is Here! Now what?
- Why is my VOIP (Voice Over IP) Terrible? Is it my ISP?